Wednesday, March 10, 2010

UMMMMMMM DUHHHHHHHHHH

OK I am gonna vent a little here and I KNOW someone isn't gonna agree , but I DON'T CARE !

OK So Toyota is having troubles with their cars accelerator system . It seems that they just take off and wont slow down. OK THIS NEEDS FIXED !! And I guess there are some fatalities that have taken place due to this and THAT is UNACCEPTABLE . I don't want ANYONE to think or feel I'm making light of the situation , I'm not .

This is extremely serious .

HOWEVER , Part of the problem is that PEOPLE in general have gotten to the point that all they know about their vehicles is , GAS / BRAKE / And POINT where ya wanna go !

And that is a MAJOR problem .

Here is my Point , I read about a person going down road and its running at high rate of speed and wont slow down. The cop pulls up beside him and yells pull emergency brake and put foot on brake at same time . Thereby burning up the brakes in mean time !

NOW , did it ever cross any ones mind to just " PUT IT IN NEUTRAL" !!!


WELLLLLLLL DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!


Even a blown engine is better than wrecking , so you put in neutral and wait till it stops then turn off ignition !

The point is people DON'T know there cars and therefore PANIC . And PART of the reason is because in the Schools have decided that Sports are more important than shop class !

As A Kid Growing up , I could change my oil , change a tire , and various other basic things by 15 . By the time I graduated from High school I had been through a shop class and had COMPLETELY REBUILT AN ENGINE ! But Hey I'm old school I guess .

Guess my point is that there is a whole world of things people NEED to know about driving not just point and drive . LEARN about the potentially deadly thing your setting in !

Parents , MAKE YOUR KIDS LEARN TO ! Go With Them , THAT QUALITY time could just save YOUR and THEIR Lives !

So do me a favor people , If all you wanna do is , Gas / Brake / Point . Please don't point it at me !


Don't Like My Opinion ? I Don't Care , Its My SandBox I'll Pee In It If I Want To !!

2 comments:

LDF said...

Yesterday, I caught a ride home with a coworker and noticed her "check engine" light was on. When I asked about it, she admitted that sometimes it smelled really bad under the hood and even steamed or smoked, but her son hadn't had time to look into it ... and that light had been on all winter! Yikes! Shades of the household I grew up where all the drivers knew was "gas / brake / point". I was often embarrassed when they were stumped by a simple thing like a loose battery cable ("I don't know, it just won't go ..."). Although I wasn't allowed to take shop courses (being of the female persuasion and thus forced into Home Ec classes), I educated myself and made darned sure all my kids (including the girls) understood their vehicles and could do basic maintenance themselves. Well stated, Coffeeman!

WudWerkr said...

Thank you and THAT is exactly what I mean . I fully Believe the Schools Today should have a SHOP class for girls , call it Auto basics . And A Home Ec Class For Boys Call it Bachelor Survival !!