Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Loyalty In The World

What has happened to " Loyalty" . We used to live in a place where a Handshake was as good as a written contract. Now it seems peoples word is only as good as the amount of money they can make off of the deal.

I know in larger city's this has been a problem for a long time , however I live in a small farming community. One of the Major attractions of small farm life was that people still had Values and Morals and would stand behind the neighbor.

People went out of there way to "do for others" to be " Friend" not just a business associate.
And the "Other person" remembered that and returned the loyalty .

It seems that now a days the amount of Loyalty is dependant on the almighty dollar.

The " I will be loyal as long as there is something in it for me " Concept seems to be the days norm . And Don't people realize their children pick up on this and imitate those attitudes.

Question yourself , If a person is WILLING to be DISLOYAL For Me , Will He Not Also Be DISLOYAL TO ME ?

Why is it a person can go The "Extra Mile" And its "expected" instead of appreciated .
So Tell me , where is Loyalty today ? Has It become Just a Fancy word , A relic of the past .

Maybe Our newest Museum Should be

" THINGS THAT USED TO MATTER "

MAIN ATTRACTION !!

" LOYALTY "

( little boy walking by " Daddy whats that " ?? well son that's an antiquated ideal ! )

5 comments:

LDF said...

Hmm. Thought-provoking post, Coffeeman. I attended a Volunteer Management workshop this past week and learned I'm supposed to ask potential volunteers "what do YOU want to gain from volunteering for us?" And there was me thinking the motivation for volunteering was GIVING! I guess that concept belongs in a museum these days too ...

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

It is truly hard to watch this way of life disappear...So I have decided to the way to change how I do things is by: Changing nothing... I still help my friends, the people down the road, my family with no expectations... Because my children see me doing this, my nephews and nieces, see me doing this and they learn by my example. When they ask "Why" are we doing this, I just tell them "because its the right thing to do" and I have seen my kids help perfect strangers for no reason... and that is my reward...and the best reward that I could ever hope to receive...So I have 5 of our future citizens of the world covered, so far....

WudWerkr said...

"APPLAUDS " That is exactly what more people need to do .

"Bows To The Lady"

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

watch it you dont want to split your pants.....*ok, maybe that would be fun* Go ahead, bend away!!!!!!!

Karen Deborah said...

we all can do our part by making it count ourselves. Integrity is something you have and do. Not to worry about what the other guy does, not my problem; what I do--that's it.